Extensive Experience in:
- Confidential Psychological EAP, where individual employee wellbeing is handled confidentially
- Manager Assist which is non-confidential counselling where Managers get feedback about employee’s EAP progress to help resolve workplace issues.
- Assisting HR Advisors and Managers with Complex HR issues and referrals beyond the scope of EAP.
- Outplacement and redundancy support to help employees re-orient themselves in the job market.
- Trauma Response Services to helping employees recover from traumatic experiences in the workplace
Confidential psychological counselling for employees.
EAP is confidential, short-term counselling to help your employees with personal and workplace problems. Our point of difference is our understanding of the needs of rural and remote communities and our willingness to come to you.
To help staff feel comfortable with the EAP services we will:
- Provide you with an introductory letter for staff that may be sent from the CEO or HR Manager.
- Provide promotional posters and brochures for each of your locations
- Undertake a bi-annual staff well-being presentation and information sessions with your staff about EAP
- Provide employees with contact cards about the EAP service
- Meet with you regularly to discuss how the service is performing and implement changes as required.
Types of Issues addressed under EAP
Anxiety, stress, depression and emotional problems
Communication and social skills
Addictions including gambling, alcohol, drug abuse
Concerns in relation to legal or financial difficulties
Relationships and family problems
Separation, divorce and blended family issues
Grief and bereavement
Difficulties with significant absenteeism
Career difficulties/vocational discontent
Interpersonal conflict/bullying and harassment
Occupational stress and burnout
Dealing with aggressive/distressed members of the public/customers
Restructuring within the organisation/coping with change
Deteriorating or diminished work performance
Injury and re-entry into the work group; rehabilitation consultancy
Being the subject of an investigation
workplace. This is one of the most effective ways of managing more complex staffing issues.
Please complete the form below to request a Manager Assist Service:
Managing issues beyond the scope of EAP.
Many of the issues HR professionals and Managers must manage today are complex and require comprehensive interventions to resolve. HR professionals spend more than a quarter of their time managing employee mental health issues and the repercussions for these issues on surrounding staff. HR Complex services can be targeted to an individual employee or an entire staffing team. The management/resolution of these types of issues may involve multiple interventions with individual staff members as well as the team.
Having a team of Organisational Consultants and Psychologists allows us to manage such complex issues and guide HR professionals through interventions for change.
Key concerns for HR today include:
- Entrenched negative employee attitudes
- Workplace bullying
- Complex performance management
- Workplace disputes
- Poor employee and employer relations
- Poor employee adjustment to organisational restructures and reviews
Psychological Assistance for Staff involved in a distressing incident
These interventions are designed to assist staff to recover from exposure to critical or traumatic experiences in the workplace. As such we provide both immediate services to any sudden and traumatic event as well as debriefing services to minimise the organisational and individual risk.
Psychological First Aid
Psychological first aid is an approach to helping people affected by an emergency, disaster or traumatic event. Much like medical first aid, it reduces the risk of longer-term mental health issues. Psychological first aid includes basic principles of support to promote natural recovery. This involves helping people to feel safe, connected to others, calm and hopeful, access physical, emotional and social support, and feel able to help themselves. Psychological first aid aims to reduce initial distress, meet current needs, promote flexible coping and encourage adjustment.
Critical Incident Debriefing
Debriefing (powerful event group support) is usually carried out within three to seven days of the critical incident, when workers have had enough time to take in the experience. Debriefing is not counselling. It is a structured voluntary discussion aimed at putting an abnormal event into perspective. It offers workers clarity about the critical incident they have experienced and assists them to establish a process for recovery.
The process helps the workers to explore and understand a range of issues, including:
- The sequence of events
- The causes and consequences
- Each person’s experience
- Any memories triggered by the incident
- Normal psychological reactions to critical incidents
- Methods to manage emotional responses resulting from a critical incident
Individual Counselling for Trauma
Focused trauma counselling for employees exposed to a critical incident and at risk of developing symptoms of acute stress or post traumatic stress.
Supporting staff through redundancy
Our Outplacement Staff are local psychologists and organisational consultants; this means that they not only understand business needs, the current world of work, the job market how the individual can best leverage their skills and strengths and what psychological needs they may have.
Our locally based outplacement support includes:
Counselling support services to work through employee’s thoughts and feelings around what this change personally and practically has meant, currently means and will mean for them.
Exploring the current world of work where the onus is on the individual to be employable and marketable and the importance of characteristics such as resilience, innovation, problem solving and optimism in this.
Individual coaching to explore, define and focus experience, current transferrable skills, unique talents, passions, career aspirations and future upskilling plans.
Practical help with resume/CV development, job application processes and personal branding o Interview techniques.
Support for the organisation’s existing employees.
Why outplacement support should be provided.
Although redundancy decisions are merely a business decision, it feels very personal to the individual staff who are affected and who have served the organisation loyally.
Benefits of outplacement support are:
- Affected employees are more proactive and empowered to get on with their own future planning without feeling like they need to wait for HR to give them definite notice before they can start plotting their future.
- There is less stress and less of a decline in productivity as staff are not ‘paralysed’ with their own fears of the future and of having no plans in place.
- Individual employees move through the changes in a healthy way and do not get stuck in a certain phase.
- These is less absenteeism due to overwhelmed employees who do not know where to start navigating the job market.
- There is less grumbling towards the company.
- Those employees who are staying behind are helped with ‘survivors guilt’ and supported in aiding the organisation to stabilise and grow again.
Confidential counselling for employees going through Separation and/or Divorce
Resolving workplace disputes.
We are a primary service provider for workplace mediation in North Queensland. Our dispute resolution services focus on improving employee relations and resolving issues that compromise worker and team productivity. We can tailor dispute resolution services to suit the situations you are presented with and work with your managers to help them ensure the Memorandum of Agreements your staff negotiate in mediation are sustained.
The Advantages of Mediation
- Restorative: It can resolve disputes between colleagues at any level of the organisation’s hierarchy and mend working relationships that have deteriorated.
- Efficient: The mediation process can usually settle a dispute within a few sessions.
- Effective: Mediation statistically settles over 85% of initiated disputes.
- Empowering: The parties are in control of the content and retain their decision-making power.
- Confidential: Information disclosed during mediation may not be divulged as evidence in any trial or judicial proceeding.
An ounce of mediation is worth a pound of arbitration and a ton of litigation!” — Joseph Grynbaum
Confidential Coaching and Support for Financial Stability
In recent times more people are presenting to psychologists with problems related to financial pressures. As a result our EAP services now offers access to qualified and registered Financial Counsellors to assist employees with financial strain and employees wanting to learn to manage their finances better.
Reasons for accessing financial counselling include:
Wanting to buy a house
Planning to take time off work
Improving Employee Wellbeing
These services are targeted to assist employees with health issues becoming more prevalent in today’s lifestyle, they include:
Sleep Problems & Disorders
Fitness programs & training
Managing Chronic Pain