Our practice is in need of an experienced Clinical Psychologist to provide behavioural science and health-related services. Specifically, we need a Clinical Psychologist who has a successful track record of performing psychological assessments and properly diagnosing existing or potential disorders. Candidates should also have experience in creating strong therapeutic alliances and developing effective treatment plans. As a Clinical Psychologist, you will work from a feedback informed therapy perspective to ensure you are providing sound clinical practice. You should be able to remain calm and collected under stressful situations, such as crisis intervention. Successful applicants will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable working with a small team of other psychologists.
- Build strong therapeutic alliances with clients to increase the effectiveness of treatment provided
- Provide psychological assessment and consultation services to individuals, health and legal professionals, government departments and organisational customers.
- Diagnose psychological, behavioural and emotional disorders in accordance with diagnostic criteria and develop a treatment plan accordingly.
- Provide therapy to groups and individuals using various evidence-based modalities including CBT, IPT, SFBT, MI to a range of patients under third party payers such as Medicare, Stepped Care and full-fee services.
- Provision of outreach psychological therapies to clients in rural and remote areas outside the Townsville region.
- Provision of telehealth services to clients in the North Queensland region
- Monitor client progress through feedback informed therapy
- Maintain good communication with clients and strong relationships with the business’s customers.
- Attend industry conferences to remain current on evidence-based treatments
- Being offered the opportunity to learn about the organisational services supplied by LCP. He/she will be provided with training and supervision to provide leadership coaching services, group facilitation, psycho-education workshops for employees and team change management interventions.
- Offered training and supervision in the implementation of feedback informed therapy and Deliberate Practice supervision. LCP is a leader in the development of practice based feedback informed culture.
- Being part of a small, cohesion team that provides each other with support, fun and peer supervision
- variety in the work you do
- Learning how to be successful in private practice
- The offer of either fulltime or part-time work opportunities
- Having flexible & family-friendly hours
- Building upon an already existing platform with ongoing structural, practice and admin support
Leading Change Psychology is a dynamic psychology practice. It is our vision to provide best practice customer and psychology services to Townsville & NQ for both our clinical and organisational services by developing and strengthening our relationships with our strategic partners in the the mental health, primary health, local government & business sectors.
- Hold Registration with AHPRA
- Have demonstrated networking skills and the capacity to build referral pathways
- Professional Indemnity Insurance & ABN (or ability to obtain)
- Long term commitment to working with the practice and team – We will invest in you!
- Willing to give 110%
- A passion for the work we do.It’s your attitude that matters most to us because our team is important to us and we want you to fit into the team and feel a part of the team culture. To work with us means enjoying coming to and being at work whilst getting peer support from like-minded clinicians. If you are someone who likes to connect with your team members, enjoys the benefits of sharing your clinical knowledge and resources with your team, actively takes responsibility & ownership of your work and clients and believes in continued learning & professional development then please contact us.