Let’s catch up
Need a psychology appointment? Here’s how…
GP referral letter & Mental Health Care Plan – MHCP to access Medicare rebate
- See your GP to request a referral letter & Mental Health Care Plan. The GP can fax the referral directly to Leading Change Psychology.
- Once received, our senior psychologist will view the referral and triage to the appropriate psychologist.
- Our administration team will contact you to schedule an appointment depending on psychologist availability. Waitlist times vary across each of our locations.
Private – Health Fund rebate
- You do not need a referral to come and see us. If you have a private health fund, you can check with your fund to see what rebates are available depending on your level of cover.
- Call our practice directly and our administration team will discuss scheduling an appointment with the appropriate psychologist.
Stepped Care Program – No out of pocket cost
- See your GP to assess whether you are eligible for this free service (eg. Concession card holders) and ask them to complete a Stepped Care referral for you.
- Ensure the GP mentions “Leading Change Psychology” as the preferred provider on the referral form. The GP will fax the completed referral & MHCP directly to Connect To Wellbeing.
- Connect To Wellbeing will contact you with further information.
- Once your approved Stepped Care referral is received by our Administration team, we will contact you to discuss an appointment.
EAP – Employee Assistance Program
- We provide EAP services to a number of organisations, allowing employees and their immediate family members to access a certain number of free sessions. Check with your employer to see if you are eligible to access our services through EAP.